Benefits of IV Hydration Therapy (and Should We Offer It?)March 11, 2016
ROXY Breast Augmentation Snapchat Top Viewed Video On RealSelfApril 8, 2016
Flowers are back in bloom and the sun is shining! It’s been a long, cold winter and ROXY Plastic Surgery is ready to stop and smell the roses again! You are probably preparing for some spring cleaning around the house, but this is also the perfect time to renew and rejuvenate your skin care routine.
Here are some expert tips to help you get your glow just in time for Spring Break!
- Nourish – With the crazy climate changes here in Ohio, it is important to maintain your skin’s moisture barrier. A thicker, heavier moisturizer like SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream is the perfect way to condition your complexion. Hyalis, Neocutis’s topical hylauronic acid, is also a great hydrating booster to add to any facial product.
- Exfoliate – Along with cracked and dry winter skin, comes the need for exfoliation of the dead skin cells. Clean Zyme by Jan Marini is a daily cleanser containing papaya enzyme, which gently debrides sloughed skin. The cleanser combined with a monthly dermaplane in ROXY’s MedSpa will keep you looking fresh faced!
- Renew – Spring is a time for renewal and regrowth, which is exactly what vitamin A will do for your skin! I know what you’re thinking – “I don’t like to use a retinol – it is too irritating for my skin!” – This doesn’t have to be the case! SkinMedica’s retinol therapy is formulated gentle enough to minimize side effects, yet still effective to in helping minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brighten – Nothing says ‘winter is over’ like bright spring colors and rays of sunshine! Have your complexion match that attitude with Jan Marini’s home face mask Luminate. By using this effective mask one to three times weekly, you will reveal a brighter and more youthful complexion! Daily facial brighteners include SkinMedica’s Lytera and Obagi’s Clear and Blender.
- Protect – No surprises here, you must wear your SPF! It needs to be broad spectrum, meaning the product will protect against UVA and UVB rays, and at least SPF 30. Don’t cheat either; applying only once a day in the morning will not provide protection hours later! One of ROXY’s new favorite options is SkinMedica’s Tinted Total Defense and Repair SPF 34. The tint provides a subtle, yet perfect amount of coverage to wear alone or with makeup. Obagi Matte SPF 50 is also another great option due to its blendable, light texture.
Be sure to call ROXY Plastic Surgery at 614-764-7699 for all of your spring skin care needs. Complimentary skin care assessments at the ROXY Med Spa are also available!