Many women desire to have a fuller buttock area which has either always been flat or small, or has become smaller over time. This procedure has become more and more common because this is an area that is not easily enlarged or shaped by diet and exercise. There are two ways to enlarge your buttock area: using implants or natural augmentation with fat grafting. Either way, Dr. K. Roxanne Grawe will help you achieve the buttock size and shape you have always wanted.
Aspire to be…proud of your other side!
HOW IT WORKS:
Consultation and Planning:
When you come to a consultation at ROXY Plastic Surgery, Dr. Grawe will examine you to help you decide what type of buttock augmentation is best for you. Liposuction may be used to remove excess fat from your lower back which can further accentuate your buttock area. Then either implants or fat is placed to create a fuller, firmer buttock. At ROXY Plastic Surgery, we will tailor-make a plan just for you!
BUTTOCK AUGMENTATION WITH IMPLANTS
Implant-based buttock augmentation is an outpatient operation, which means you can go home the same day. It takes about 2 hours to complete and you will be completely asleep so you won’t feel or remember anything. A small scar will be made at the top of your buttock in the center – this is easily hidden by most panties and bathing-suits. The implant is placed under the muscle covering where it looks very natural and soft. A special tape will be placed over the incision site. You are ready to go home about an hour later!
There are a variety of buttock implant shapes to choose from. The size and shape we choose depends on your individual desires and body type. Buttock implants are very soft, solid silicone. You can see examples of how they look and feel in the office at your consultation appointment.
BUTTOCK AUGMENTATION WITH FAT GRAFTING
Fat grafting buttock augmentation is an outpatient operation, which means you can go home the same day. It takes between 3-5 hours depending on the amount of liposuction performed and you will be completely asleep so you won’t feel or remember anything. Fat is taken from unwanted areas such as the belly or thighs and then these fat cells are injected into the buttock with tiny injections so there are no scars. You will be able to go home about an hour later.
You will notice a difference immediately after surgery but you will be swollen and the results will improve with time as the swelling goes down. You will need to sit down as little as possible for the first week.
You should not lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for at least 2 weeks after surgery. You should walk around immediately after surgery and NOT stay in bed. This is important to prevent blood clots. You may remove your outer dressing and shower 48 hours after surgery. You should eat a healthy diet and as much protein as possible to promote good healing.
You may drive and return to work when you are no long taking prescription pain medicine. Most people are able to return to a light duty job 1-2 weeks after surgery.
Remember that everyone is different. Recovery times and progression is not the same for everyone. The times stated are typical for healthy individuals healing from this surgery. The normal progression of healing may be different for those with health problems, smokers, and those who have unforeseen complications after surgery.
With every surgery there are risks involved including bleeding, infection, blood clots, pain, scarring, delayed healing and need for further surgery. Here are some risks specific to buttock augmentation:
- Wound healing problems: If an area of the incision site does not heal normally, you may develop an opening which will need to be closed.
- Asymmetry: Most people are not symmetrical from one side to the other and although we can make this better, there may be asymmetries after surgery as well.
- Scarring: Usually the scar heals well and looks better over time. If you do not like the way the scar looks, there are further treatments that can be done or creams to use to improve the results.
- Size: You may not be happy with the size after surgery. If buttock augmentation is performed with fat grafting, some of the fat gets absorbed and you lose some fullness. The fat that stays is permanent but some patients choose to undergo fat grafting a second time to achieve the results they desire.
- Infection: Your body cannot clear an infection when an implant is placed as well as it can without one. If a patient develops an infection around the implant, they may have to go back to the operating room to clean out the infection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will sitting on my implants cause any problems to the implant such as rupture?
The implants are not actually placed in the area that you sit on. To see that this is true, try this exercise: sit down and place your hands under your bottom. Now stand up with your hands in place and notice that your hands are not on your buttock but they are actually on your upper thigh. The implants are solid so they cannot rupture.